Site feature request

This section is dedicated to individual and social liberty, decentralization and developing healthier systems of community.
BananaMulcher

Site feature request

Post by BananaMulcher »

In this new censorship era in which video hosts are taking down content and DMCA abuse, it is only by grace and trust that we have remaining platforms like Bitchute in this fight. But as with any other service, it is at constant risk of disappearing one day and taking entire libraries of content along with it.

That said, I would like to request/propose thecrowhouse.com use a site RSS feed so that there is a self hosted means of checking content directly in the event of alternative platforms being suppressed. RSS is an old, established, open standard that has proven itself and is technically simple to implement. Or if it is already present under some non-standard URL please let me know.
Shadowfax

Re: Site feature request

Post by Shadowfax »

Bitchute is 5 eyes.
My experience over several years has been censorship. Hard and soft (like videos that would not play or in endless posting) .
That along with the fact that they (for comments) use Disscus ting was it for me. Don't use it any more.
BananaMulcher

Re: Site feature request

Post by BananaMulcher »

I agree for the most part. Bitchute web interface does not even function unless you allow your system to connect to cloudflare, so I avoid it as much as possible (if anyone knows a way to browse bitchute listings outside of the web UI, please share). The best solutions would be self hosted over one's own infrastructure either through an established tool like peertube or directly serving the video files, although they might need to be small depending on your bandwidth.

A web server delivering a basic HTML page can easily serve embedded videos like:

Code: Select all

<video src="video_file.mp4" width="640" height="480" controls></video>