Off grid

This section is dedicated to individual and social liberty, decentralization and developing healthier systems of community.
Funnyoldlife

Off grid

Post by Funnyoldlife »

Well, the vaccine has been rolled out here in the UK. My guess is that the first batch is harmless, for obvious reasons.

However, it appears that things are going to get very weird for a good while. I'm starting to face reality and accept that going bush may be one of the only options available. At least for a while, until hopefully things blow over. I've tried to wake folk up but it isn't working and I'm concerned that people like us will eventually be turned on. Not a prospect I like.

There's not much land in the UK that isn't owned, making a life in the wilderness a difficult prospect. It would probably be an existence were one is constantly on the move. Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone seen any sites or links to related subjects? There's loads of good content online about learning bushcraft but where are the places to go? Are groups already considering this option?

All the best.
Liberalis
Site Admin

Re: Off grid

Post by Liberalis »

It takes a certain sort of person buti think that a hunter/gatherer life will be much better than a life as a slave in an urban area which is the future unless enough people push back and i am not seeing anywhere near the numbers required for this but hopefully i am wrong.
Funnyoldlife wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:43 am Has anyone seen any sites or links to related subjects?
Some of the best sites for getting into this mindset and learning about all this from different angles has to be prepper/shtf sites and communities. These guys have been preparing for this sort of scenario for years so who better to find out from, i would definately gravitate towards them personally. There is some mainstream/sheeple stigma attached to some of the philosophies, political opinions etc of some preppers but forget all that, this is pure and simply about survival now so all the other bollocks is irrelevant.

Wilderness left in UK still in which you can support yourself. One idea that is counter-intuitive but is worth considering is MOD land. The military owns massive amounts of land and most is rarely used, if ever. I don't mean setting up camp in the middle of a firing range ;) but there are lots of MOD/tax payer owned land that is empty and who would think to look for someone on MOD land! Just an idea.

Definately is a hard way of life but you have the right idea of considering al this because things will be turning to shit soon for sure.

Whatever you decide, i wish you the best of luck.
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
Funnyoldlife

Post by Funnyoldlife »

Thanks for the reply. I never thought of MOD land. Quite funny in a way. I'll have to look into it further. Dartmoor is near me and has large areas of wilderness.

It's certainly not for everyone, especially those who like their creature comforts, but faced with what's potentially on the horizon I know which I prefer.

I would have preferred people to have woken up and I would stand by and fight but unless something changes quick I believe that's a futile option.

For anyone considering this option, you don't need huge amounts of gear. Some essentials of course but it's knowledge and skills that count really. Obviously it's better doing this with like minded people than alone.

I find it so odd that the idea of bush survival is becoming more of a reality with each passing day. But maybe our main goal is to survive the next few years unscathed and injection-free. I was getting bored of life anyway so maybe it's a good experience to put on the old spiritual CV.
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

I learnt many survival skills on Exmoor when i lived there near the Devon/Somerset border. Moors are awesome places for going off grid and dropping off the radar. Lots of deer, rabbits, pheasants, partridge, mushrooms, bilberries etc.

Some people think moors are bleak but i love them, i feel at home on the moors. I used to spend plenty of time on Dartmoor when i was growing up. Rural South West England is a beautiful part of the world and is the only thing i miss about living in UK.
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
Julio020

Post by Julio020 »

Hello how are you? we are also planning to live off grid when it will be nessesary, May be we can build a community somewhere we have a few plans already I like to share the ideas with you
Funnyoldlife

Post by Funnyoldlife »

Hi Julio. At the moment I am just readying myself for this possibility as it could very well become a reality pretty soon.

If you know of any places I'm all ears. At the moment I'm mainly collecting the kit and re-educating myself on the basics. Once I have enough gear, I'll probably spend a week in Dartmoor to see how I get on and what I need to improve upon.
bean

Post by bean »

"Enlightenment is a destructive process"
Julio020

Post by Julio020 »

Funny old life i’ve send you a pm
SamIAm

Post by SamIAm »

Hi friends

I do not think hunter gatherer lifestyles are possibl, except for a tiny tiny few.

Here is a great resource for getting off-grid. It has a fantastic video of a man who moved to south wales and bought his own house, depsite earnings of less than £8,000 per year.

https://www.richplanet.net/richp_genre. ... rt=1&gen=0
Bill

Post by Bill »

Funnyoldlife wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:43 am Well, the vaccine has been rolled out here in the UK. My guess is that the first batch is harmless, for obvious reasons.

However, it appears that things are going to get very weird for a good while. I'm starting to face reality and accept that going bush may be one of the only options available. At least for a while, until hopefully things blow over. I've tried to wake folk up but it isn't working and I'm concerned that people like us will eventually be turned on. Not a prospect I like.

There's not much land in the UK that isn't owned, making a life in the wilderness a difficult prospect. It would probably be an existence were one is constantly on the move. Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone seen any sites or links to related subjects? There's loads of good content online about learning bushcraft but where are the places to go? Are groups already considering this option?

All the best.
First get rid of the idea that any of these "vaccines" are "safe."
I don't know anything about the UK but have you though about leaving the country to go to the US? It's bad in some parts but people in rural areas don't care or know better. It might get just as bad eventually but it's something
Bushlife isn't going to be very possible pretty soon look into ice age farmer your country is destroying your ability to be legally self sufficient.