Filtering rain water

Discussing all topics related to self-sufficiency, living off the land and off-grid philosophies.
Its Hypnosis

Filtering rain water

Post by Its Hypnosis »

Filtering rain water seems to be a necessity now with the cloud seeding going on on a regular base. Health implications of ingesting the chemicals used to spry the sky are to be expected
What chemicals are they using? How small are the particles?
What kind of water filter would be suitable?
Felix

Re: Filtering rain water

Post by Felix »

_________________"If you throw yourself to the wind...

________________________You can ride it.""

_________________________~𝓜𝓪𝔁 𝓘𝓰𝓪𝓷
Namremahs

Post by Namremahs »

Here’s a simple description.
Simple water filter
Simple water filter
073A1EDA-A61F-4E98-8528-36B152B05C17.jpeg (89.31 KiB) Viewed 865 times
🕉
monsdk

Post by monsdk »

Namremahs wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:20 pm Here’s a simple description.
073A1EDA-A61F-4E98-8528-36B152B05C17.jpeg
exactly how i would make and layer it
did you know eating charcoal absorb some poisons on its way through you.

people ask your self " what does it it cost to live on earth" then putt seeds in your left hand you can live from, and money/gold/silver in your right hand.
Now go plant them both, and then see Which one will give you something you can eat.
Namremahs

Post by Namremahs »

monsdk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:37 pm

Indeed, it’s good to have some aktivt kol at hand. Especially for the kids and pets. 👍🏻😊
And if I’m not mistaken, the (pure Bentonite) sand/clay used for cat litter can be used too...to absorb poison.
🕉
monsdk

Post by monsdk »

Namremahs wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:48 pm
monsdk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:37 pm

Indeed, it’s good to have some aktivt kol at hand. Especially for the kids and pets. 👍🏻😊
And if I’m not mistaken, the (pure Bentonite) sand/clay used for cat litter can be used too...to absorb poison.
kol i hope you mean kul hehehe. kol is a "disease" in lung patient's in DK, :D :D wouldn't like one of those active. :)
people ask your self " what does it it cost to live on earth" then putt seeds in your left hand you can live from, and money/gold/silver in your right hand.
Now go plant them both, and then see Which one will give you something you can eat.
Namremahs

Post by Namremahs »

Yep, hehe, kul in danish. Kol in swe...actually it’s both kul and the lung disease here.
Kul means sjovt. Almost as roligt. 😬
Anyways... Haha
🕉
Its Hypnosis

Post by Its Hypnosis »

So this is what I made: it is a filter with very fine beach sand in it and no charcoal. The container is a 4L plastic bottle that was once a cooking oil container. With the help of an electric soldering iron, I've cut-melt a large hole at the bottom (top in the pic) that works as a filling portal and another hole in the bottle's lid, through witch I pushed in a 1/2" plastic hose. The bottle is suspended up side down with net twine above a table at sufficient hight to fit a mug under. Inside the container, at the base, (neck of bottle) I put a small plastic cup up side down (not visible in pic). This cup creates an empty volume that works as a catchment for tiny quantity of sand that might sip through the filtering cloth. Those sediments are cleaned out when needed by simply unscrewing the lid and allow it to fall out. Over the cup I've placed a handful of marbles. Little pebbles would have been fine but I had the marbles laying around., Over the marbles it is a filtering nylon cloth and over it is the sand.
The water filtering through the sand hopfully is clean from the chemicals. It should be tested in a lab to prove it but surely it taste excellent and this filter is a great improvement aboard.

I didn't put any charcoal in the filter, for now, because I thought it unnecessary in my case. The water I'm filtering is from rain only and should be free from nasty bacteria. Maybe some tame in the future I'll add it and compare the quality.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 2.25.27 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-24 at 2.25.27 pm.png (247.77 KiB) Viewed 602 times
monsdk

Post by monsdk »

Its Hypnosis wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:43 am So this is what I made: it is a filter with very fine beach sand in it and no charcoal. The container is a 4L plastic bottle that was once a cooking oil container. With the help of an electric soldering iron, I've cut-melt a large hole at the bottom (top in the pic) that works as a filling portal and another hole in the bottle's lid, through witch I pushed in a 1/2" plastic hose. The bottle is suspended up side down with net twine above a table at sufficient hight to fit a mug under. Inside the container, at the base, (neck of bottle) I put a small plastic cup up side down (not visible in pic). This cup creates an empty volume that works as a catchment for tiny quantity of sand that might sip through the filtering cloth. Those sediments are cleaned out when needed by simply unscrewing the lid and allow it to fall out. Over the cup I've placed a handful of marbles. Little pebbles would have been fine but I had the marbles laying around., Over the marbles it is a filtering nylon cloth and over it is the sand.
The water filtering through the sand hopfully is clean from the chemicals. It should be tested in a lab to prove it but surely it taste excellent and this filter is a great improvement aboard.

I didn't put any charcoal in the filter, for now, because I thought it unnecessary in my case. The water I'm filtering is from rain only and should be free from nasty bacteria. Maybe some tame in the future I'll add it and compare the quality.
i would still filter the rain water, with the stuff they put in the air.
to clean sand sift it and burn it, in a pot (without making glass)
i am working on a 2000 l clean water from rain, almost finished.
Its Hypnosis

Post by Its Hypnosis »

i would still filter the rain water, with the stuff they put in the air.
to clean sand sift it and burn it, in a pot (without making glass)
i am working on a 2000 l clean water from rain, almost finished.
Interested to know the way you made your filter. let us know how you go please.
I don't think it is necessary to clean the beach sand by burning it, providing
the sand is coming from a clean place far from towns.
My filter is holding a volume of about 2 litres of sand only and when newly made was flashed out with about 5 litre of water to wash the salt away. While the sand might containing some pollutant from the chem trails, it would be a too small of an amount to be of any concern. Keeping in mind that I am on a boat and need to filter 3 litres of water a day only for drinking and cooking. Fresh water aboard of boats is a precious commodity and must be used sparingly.
If I was to make the filter for a big water tank at home, I probably would use a 44 gallon plastic drum full of sand.