Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico

Post your location here to connect with others in your area.
captainstarseed

Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico

Post by captainstarseed »

Hey

Australian born Kiwi here in Oaxaca. I've been a in Mexico for 4 years, as I became a father here.

We're about 1.5 hours from La Crucecita, which is a small city with everything you need. It's very clean and safe for the moment.

For the last 12 months, I've been in this area, working to set up a bit of a base. We have a few houses here, right on a river. The garden is growing, but needs more hands and materials to continue. We have a solar pump, and gravity water almost completed to the garden.

Our idea is to create a king of neighbourhood, where we share some of the larger infrastructure, and run a bunch of cooperatives to share desired resources, rather than a full blown community. There are houses here available for long term rent, and we are about to build a workshop, and the next round of houses, which will be made of adobe.

Tentatively looking for the right people to join our project... there's a lot of land here, and we know other places even more remote, which we can access without crossing any federal roads.

If you are in Mexico, and you are looking for a place to BUILD YOUR OWN future, in collaboration with others, drop a message here.

It's about a 6 hour drive from here to Acapulco, so we are also looking at hosting people here for a few days before potentially traveling to Anarcopulco together in convoy, and with our van. There is some beautiful coastline along the way, and breaking the trip into a few days could be nice.

Hope everyone is well, looking forward to (hopefully) seeing some of you at Anarcopulco.
SeeD_Command

Re: Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico

Post by SeeD_Command »

A beautiful description of my own dream, I envy you. So wish I could make it to Anarcopulco. Wishing you the best from Upstate, New York!
Dual Can Oz

Post by Dual Can Oz »

I would very much be interested. I am a Canadian born migrated to Australia and I am in Canada atm looking for maybe retirement visa for Mexico? I would love to meet up in Acapulco and discuss further. Christine
Anon-jon

Post by Anon-jon »

Dual Can Oz wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:32 pm I would very much be interested. I am a Canadian born migrated to Australia and I am in Canada atm looking for maybe retirement visa for Mexico? I would love to meet up in Acapulco and discuss further. Christine
Alcapulco has a similar average temperature to Darwin Australia, too hot for many of we southerners, I'm not sure how a Canadian would adjust, but obviously some people like the hot weather and some don't.