Astrology Thread

Covering all aspects of the spirit, metaphysics and energy work including meditation, divination, lucid dreaming, shamanism etc.
Hummingbird

Re: Astrology Thread

Post by Hummingbird »

I thought Tarot was complicated to begin with! So many different styles of reading and interpreting charts in astrology is overwhelming.

I am drawn to Mayan astrology for some reason.........do you have any interest in that form H?
Hmm,..well,yes,..complicated,...the thing with astrology,,for me,is keep it simple,..you have the chart,..12 houses,..then the signs,...so,...for example,..mars is in your 7th house,..
7th house=relationships,..mars = energy,..activation,so you,ll have lively relationships,...or you have jupiter in your 3rd house,..jupiter = expansion,..learning,..3rd house = the mind,..integration,..so you,ll do well studying,..enjoy short journey,s,..then look at the aspects,..trine = harmony,..square = challenge,..but energy,one a balance is struck,..opposition - two energies that don,t gel,..eventually,awareness" expand"s to include both polarities,..

I still use astrology,a bit,..at high levels of awareness,..it just doesn't work,..were beyond planetary lore,altogether,..but i spent yrs fiddling with the zodiac,and tree of life,..:-)

i have to keep it simple or my country bumpkin brain,is overwhelmed,and my intuition does,nt work,...i studied kaballah,and the tree of life for a long time,..thats even more complicated,if you learn all the correspondences,.. and hebrew letters,..which i did,..

Mayan astrology,.. :-),..i followed barbara hand clow for a long time,..first cos liked her books and later cos i had a lot of pliadian contact,..im born under"manik" in a blue hand wavespell,..day of the stag,..i loved the natural shamanic time of the tzolkin,..i never could follow all the technicalities of all the gliffs,and calanders,like arguelas and carl calarman,...the glifs are initiation chambers,in one sense,..ive worked with them a bit,on that level,..meditated on the calender sequences,..haab,tzolkin,....ive seen a mayan past life i had,..long ago,..basically,were in an"eternal now",..if we choose to be,now...although things are going fast in some ways,..earth is processing so fast,..she,s living more than two yrs of time,in every yr we experience now,and so are we,..she,s fired up the most powerful ascension,this universe has ever seen,..early days,but she,s moving VERY fast,..

Ive done a lot of shamanic work,..initiations,and my own work,..Toltec warrior,..(theun mares:return of the warriors is good),..

i am getting deeply,into the gene keys,stuff i mentioned,..mr rudd,has come up with something very,timely,and valid,..to move awareness forewords,..if people are connected to those streams,...

Hummingbird,..

Yes,..

Astrology,..

Oh yes,..sorry,..

Its such a big subject,..final recommendation,..Tad Man - The Round Art:,..He,s raised astrology into an art form,..the way it should be understood,..

Sweet Running's,..
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
- Goethe
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

I am going to look more into Mayan astrology and see where that leads as that resonates with me.

Barbara hand clow seems like an interesting character! Thanks for the suggestion.
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
bean

Post by bean »

Satty Jane wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:09 pm I always thought my starsign attributes, good and bad summed me up pretty well. 24/12/82 6.02pm royal womens hospital sydney. Capricorn..
Today I read in the news that NASA found another constellation and now 13 starsigns are being acknowledged.
I am Sagittarius now.
I haven't read into this article. Don't know how much truth to it, but what's people's opinions of this possible development? ❤
Thank you for bringing it up, Satty Jane ;) 13 zodiac signs: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1847

I`ve added some links:

https://www.everydayknow.com/13-zodiac- ... 20items%20

https://www.yourzodiacsign.com/ophiuchus/

https://www.yourzodiacsign.com/ophiuchu ... c-sign.htm
bean

Post by bean »

Hummingbird wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:09 pm i studied kaballah,and the tree of life for a long time,..thats even more complicated,if you learn all the correspondences,.. and hebrew letters,..which i did,..

Interesting indeed. Interested to go deeper into that topic. In my younger days I lived a year with some people who were really into kabbalah numerology. Learnt some, but personally I was more into other types of numerology: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1860

Source: http://numerology.center/numerology_types.php

Kabbalah Numerology

Kabbalah Numerology originated from the Hebrew culture. The right way to pronounce this word is ′Ka ba la′.

Background of Kabbalah Numerology
Kabbalah system was widely used in Hebrew spiritual sciences, and it mostly consists of Hebrew alphabet. ′Kabbalah′ means ′the intellectual work′, rather than the practical or body experience. Kabbalah system implies people to be really honest in order to get the insight.
Different numerological systems work with different information about the person. In case of Kabbalah system you will need only the name of the person. It is the reason why it is not popular among people, as it seems less efficient.

The method of Kabbalah System
Each and every letter of the alphabet symbolizes a particular value, as it is shown in the chart:
The method of Kabbalah System.jpg
The method of Kabbalah System.jpg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 2063 times
Hebrew alphabet is a foundation to find the numerical value of each sign. Only the most common numbers are usually taken into account, as the Kabbalah has more than 400 values. The main purpose is to find the right Kabbalah number for each person.

How to Find A Kabbalah Number
If you want to find your Kabbalah number pay attention to your first name. Then you need to calculate a numerical value of your name. If you have a middle name, include it into the calculation. Make a sum. You will have double-digit number that needs to be divided by 9. The digit that goes after whole number is called a remainder. Then you need to add 1 to your remainder and it will make your Kabbalah number.

Let your numerical value be 42. If you divide 42 by 9, you′ll get 6 as a remainder. Add 6+1 and your Kabbalah number will be 7. When your remainder is 0, in cases like 81 (the number is whole and doesn′t have a remainder) add 1 to 0. Kabbalah number in such cases will be 1.

The meaning of Kabbalah Number
Kabbalah number has a certain energy or vibe that synchronizes with certain number.

1 – Progress.
2 – Expansion.
3 – Love.
4 – Lack of fortune.
5 – Creation.
6 – Result.
7 – Spirit.
8 – Impulse.
9 – Fortune.

Why is it unique?
If you are an amateur or new to the systems of Numerology, Kabbalah may appear no different to you. Of course, speaking generally Numerology only calculates numbers. However, the differences exist and they are essential. Kabbalah uses only the name of the individual, ignoring the birth date, while other systems exclude name, but include the date.

The value of each number has also changes from system to system. If the letter B could have the same value in Kabbalah and Chaldean systems, it doesn’t mean that other letter coincide as well. Kabbalah Numerology has a huge range of numbers. It has approximately 400 various life path combinations that correspond to particular vibrations. It takes some skills and time to work with this system. Most of the numerologist elaborate the most common numbers and work this way.

Conclusion
If you find Kabbalah Numerology interesting, it is always a place here for you. The emphasis of this system is set on the honesty and sincerity of the person with oneself, the inner balance is obligatory.
If you are in balance with your inner and outer world, and feel self-sufficient – you will get maximum profit out of this system.

http://numerology.center/kabbalah_numerology.php
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

Interesting indeed. Interested to go deeper into that topic. In my younger days I lived a year with some people who were really into kabbalah numerology. Learnt some, but personally I was more into other types of numerology:
Good grief Bean,..you,ve posted a small encyclopedia,..typical Capricorn, :-),..i,ll have a read,),and get back to you,.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
- Goethe
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

Great stuff bean. My head hurts now ;)
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
bean

Post by bean »

Vigelandsanlegget/ Vigeland's park, was a project started in 1924 which resulted in a 320-acre sculpture park centrally located in Frognerparken, Norway. It is the world largest sculpture park. Both the sculptures and the park are designed by the sculptor Gustav Vigeland. In this park you`ll find some astrology monuments, including those you can see in the first and the second picture. The first picture of the astrology sculpture does not include 13 zodiac signs, but 12, though in the second picture there is a reptile creature that may represent Legend of Ophiuchus/serpent, the 13 zodiac sign.
Astrology Vigeland park.jpg
Astrology Vigeland park.jpg (106.7 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
Vigeland.jpg
Vigeland.jpg (15.21 KiB) Viewed 1936 times

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/norwa ... ture-park/
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I’ve never taken astrology seriously, but I found Chinese astrology interesting, according to which I’m a tiger.

Even more interesting is Mithras that had a huge influence on the foundation of Christianity by the sun, worshipping Roman Emperor Constantine the Great in the 4 century AD.

The Roman Mithras is mostly depicted slaying the Bull. He stabs the bull in the neck. Around him are his companions the snake, scorpion, and dog (all of these are star signs).
See the Roman marble of Mithras slaying the bull, 2nd/early 3rd Century AD.

The bull slaying tale represents the constellation Persus (Mithras), Taurus (Bull), Canis Minor (dog), Hydra (snake), Corvus (raven), Scorpio (scorpio). The wheat is the star Spica (the brightest star in Virgo) and the blood is the Milky Way.

See Mithras with the 12 signs of the zodiac surrounding him, showing he rules the cosmos.

See the winged lion (leo) of Mithras; also note the serpents.
https://www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewto ... t=30#p5727
The Order of the Garter rules the world: https://www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewto ... 5549#p5549
bean

Post by bean »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:17 pm
Even more interesting is Mithras that had a huge influence on the foundation of Christianity by the sun, worshipping Roman Emperor Constantine the Great in the 4 century AD.

The Roman Mithras is mostly depicted slaying the Bull. He stabs the bull in the neck. Around him are his companions the snake, scorpion, and dog (all of these are star signs).

The bull slaying tale represents the constellation Persus (Mithras), Taurus (Bull), Canis Minor (dog), Hydra (snake), Corvus (raven), Scorpio (scorpio). The wheat is the star Spica (the brightest star in Virgo) and the blood is the Milky Way.

See Mithras with the 12 signs of the zodiac surrounding him, showing he rules the cosmos.

See the winged lion (leo) of Mithras; also note the serpents.

https://www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewto ... t=30#p5727
Interesting post regards Mithras, though only 12 zodiac signs I`ll share some links and copy and paste it in a Mithras Astrology thread to be discussed :)

Mithras Astrology:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1846
bean

Post by bean »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:17 pm I’ve never taken astrology seriously, but I found Chinese astrology interesting, according to which I’m a tiger.
I`ll find some articles on that to be discussed as well ;)

Chinese Astrology:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1695&p=5601#p5601