Astrology Thread

Covering all aspects of the spirit, metaphysics and energy work including meditation, divination, lucid dreaming, shamanism etc.
eternalsunshine

Re: Astrology Thread

Post by eternalsunshine »

Aurelius wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 2:30 am Thankyou for your reply it's much appreciated.
Upon re-reading my post (written late Friday night after a few beers 8-) ) it seems a little condescending, that wasn't my intention. I am genuinely interested, but I have a very analitical mind and tend to over scrutinise things sometimes and usually come across quite skeptical.
I am all for the idea you touched on about influencing what we put our energies into and have commented somewhere here much to the same effect. I understand that Astronomy and Astrology are two entirely different subjects but am wondering if facets of Astronomy come into play with the latter?
What really interests me are the influences of the stars on the builders of the ancient monolithic structures scattered all over the planet, as there seems to be such precise mathematical equations at play but to what ends is my main query, and, as stated previously, although I realise the two subjects are different, what corrolation does Astrology have with these mega structures, if any, and is there any knowledge that can be gained by advancing my knowledge in the subject you practise?
I have studied some anthropology in regard to the ancient megastructures and understand quite a bit about movement of the constellations throughout the millenia or Axial Precession if you will, and am just trying to gain as much info from as many different sources as possible in search for cohesion.
It's ok, didn't offend me (I'd hope that this is a community that isn't easily offended but hey you never know so thanks for the clarifier :D). Skepticism is good and healthy, especially in laying foundation. Belief is the enemy of knowledge as the saying goes so everything should be arranged and rearranged, examined and re-examined from as many angles as we have can find! Put another way, variety is the spice of life!

It seems that across this world there were HUGE connections with the sun, the moon, Mercury, Venus, Saturn (especially pivotal for the ancients- there are interesting arguments that Ra, the Egyptian Sun god, is representative of Saturn and the Egyptian sun was in fact what we call Saturn), and (not so much in the west, but DEFINITELY in China) Jupiter. Structures built honor passages of those light bodies through the Earth, which is really beautiful and clearly, really powerful.

In my own practice, I'm fairly eccentric so I wouldn't encourage following it. I would say the best entry point into Astrology is when you're interested in self-development. You can chart your own using every system imaginable and then you can begin to project goals, ideas, etc. into the "future" based on transits you've learned about or simply are curious about working with. Then take notes on what happens around the time of those transits. The knowledge gained by this practice/exercise is the same as a dream journal. I came across a simple yet brilliant quote by Louise Hay that describes the experience. She said "The universe speaks in symbols." So for instance, one of my practices is to stargaze. Without fail, when it is visible and without knowing based on a chart or having read about its current position, my eye first lands on Mars. I immersed myself in every archetype about Mars I could find and committed those to memory and simultaneously noted what was going on in my life. Now I use Mars as a kind of indicator of how easy or difficult I can expect things to be. When I observe Mars close to the horizon, it's not an easy time. When I observe Mars high in the sky, it's smooth sailing/full steam ahead. When I observe the skies and am not drawn to Mars or it is not visible, I find these are my lazy times haha. After awhile it works like a self-fulfilling prophecy so it its REALLY important to be learning more all the time and to push the boundaries of what you think you know. Mars used to really freak me out as the energy can be violent. But once I took the time to observe and study, I noticed that for all of Mars' violence, it's not an indicator of pain/suffering or death and it is one of the more easily diffused energies.

Knowledge of astrology may inform knowledge of history but only if you use the systems they would have used. We can reconstruct some but it's not always possible. If you're interested in a hardcore professional, I can connect you with my astrologer. She's fucking incredible- a former professor of American literature. She has now written her own tarot and practices evolutionary astrology. She has studied occult topics in literature and history and would be a good resource for bridging the academic/historical with the spiritual. I use astrology almost wholly esoterically but I started with basically a personality study.
cryptocastio

Post by cryptocastio »

I love astrology & it is great to see this thread.

Personally I think astrology can improve the quality of anyone's life by at least 100%.

That's been my experience with it.

Is anybody here into Mundane Astrology?

That's the study of the astrological cycles & how they indicate world events.

At the moment for example we are entering the same aspects that were in play when the American Revolution happened
from 1775-1783.

So as crazy as things may appear to be right now, it can also really work in our favor if we come together & play our cards right.

It may take a little time & it may get worse before it gets better but that's largely up to us.

Ultimately I think what is waiting for us on the other side of this meltdown is so positive & bright it may actually be beyond what we are presently capable of imagining.

We are entering the Aquarian Age now & all of this chaos we are witnessing is just the old order collapsing so the new one can come fully into view.

It is an unprecedented time of human evolution & achievement, so fear not. All of these seeming problems have already been solved.

The best is yet to come.
https://cryptocast.io Digital Freedom Platform powered by Cryptocurrency.
We do not Delete, Ban or Track you. You own your Data. Membership is Free.
Strongest Privacy & Free Speech Hosting in the world.
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

Thanks eternalsunshine,thats very nicely put...

i like astrology,i,ve been practicing for about 30 yrs (im hoping if i keep practicing i might get good at it);-)..

Its quite a fascinating study if your drawn to it..when i first got interested years ago and new loads of new age types and crystal healers,i could never understand why so few people really study it..know i now its not needed for everyone's evolutionary journey in every life...

Astrology done properly can give you a deeper insight into who you are in this life and what your purpose is...why you behave and feel as you do and to some extent,what kinds of lessons we have chosen to learn or continue with...

Why it works is,if you look at a horoscope your seeing an exact snapshot of your birth moment..the ascendant (representing,the birth moment and the beginning of incarnation.. and descendant (1st and 7th house cusps),represent the horizon and the m.c,ic,(10 and 4th house cusps),are directly above and below you..(literally,when your born),representing,your most conscious awareness (m.c) and the everyday reality around you and your deepest feelings (i.c)...all the planets and constellations are literally imprinting us at the moment of birth..the inner planets(sun,moon,venus etc),reflecting personal drives,and the outer planets(uranus,neptune and pluto),reflecting transpersonal or collective energies,that are sometimes harder to integrate,or
that we dont recognize as actually coming from or being a part of ourselves...

Shamanisticly,..the horoscope wheel is another version of the solar cross or medicine wheel..
the first house is "you..the 7th house "the other"the second house is "holding"(what we value)..the opposite 8th house is how we "release"
the 3rd house (mind)is how we "integrate"..the opposite 9th house is "spiritual teachers and journeys"...
The 10 and 4th houses are "taking power" and "feeling deeply"respectively....the 6th (work and service)house and 12th house are "be here now"and "bliss"...
a;; opposites to be balanced /integrated...

Hope thats all confused us all a bit more..:-)

its a huge and fascinating subject, if your drawn to it...
It does have its limits on this level..it cant show you "all"of your vast nature...ie,the deepest personal aspects of your higher soul nature..we have to discover that for ourselves usually..and it is somewhat dualistic..ie..some signs are positive and some negative...it,ll work for most people...if your very spiritual,your better of with
eastern vedic astrology (its more soul centered)..and if we progress into "ascension" (to use a horribly misunderstood term),it wont work at all,because you,ll have moved beyond the influence of the planets,for one thing...

overall a fascinating and complex study,and a spiritual path in itself for those dedicated to it...

Not a bad primer here

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
- Goethe
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

s anybody here into Mundane Astrology?

That's the study of the astrological cycles & how they indicate world events.

At the moment for example we are entering the same aspects that were in play when the American Revolution happened
from 1775-1783.
Its not my area of focus,..but very interesting...obviously,were still in the jupiter,pluto conjunction in Capricorn at the moment..(sun now transiting by opposition...could be an interesting few days)...

what do you make of the,saturn,jupiter (trigon..comes round every 20 yrs and always corresponds to political events...in fact im sure deep state know about them and use them)..conjunction,trine the Pleiades at the end of the year?...i wonder looking at that,if maybe it could be the beginning of real change for the better?..
- Goethe
Satty Jane

Post by Satty Jane »

I always thought my starsign attributes, good and bad summed me up pretty well. 24/12/82 6.02pm royal womens hospital sydney. Capricorn..
Today I read in the news that NASA found another constellation and now 13 starsigns are being acknowledged.
I am Sagittarius now.
I haven't read into this article. Don't know how much truth to it, but what's people's opinions of this possible development? ❤
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I always thought my starsign attributes, good and bad summed me up pretty well. 24/12/82 6.02pm royal womens hospital sydney. Capricorn..
Today I read in the news that NASA found another constellation and now 13 starsigns are being acknowledged.
I am Sagittarius now.
I haven't read into this article. Don't know how much truth to it, but what's people's opinions of this possible development? ❤
People have all kind of theories with Ophiucus as a 13th sign..its linked to the energy of the serpent.(transformation).and healing..Here,s some bits from Lisa Renee..(as usual with lisa,its very good,but fairly advanced...(some astrologers,deny,any validity to a 13th sign..i think it has some validity,particularity as Lisa says,pisces and ophiucus liking to th " ethers"..you choose)..

https://energeticsynthesis.com/resource ... agnum-opus

A few thoughts on your chart...

Your chart has Gemini rising ,(ascendant)..a Capricorn sun,and moon in Aries...your sun is strongly placed in the 7th house of partners conjunct ,Neptune,planet of inspiration and sometimes,illusion,making you emphatic and compassionate.. and sextile pluto,planet of soul evolution and regeneration giving you emotional depth and strength..

Your chart shows strong themes of balancing relationships and "self" and career and home life...plut0 and saturn in 4th house make home life important,you can create,healing energy for yourself and others,..saturn requires structure and responsibility,but thats not a problem for a Capricorn..

Your 7th house sun in Capricorn is conjunct "ketu",the moons south node,showing in past lives,linked to this one you were much involved in relationships,with others..this
is great,as long as you remember to balance,time and energy with yourself...

Your moon is in aries trine uranus and jupiter,a nice combination,energetic and productive and good health,..your probably involved in complimentary heath,or healing,or just good nutition and a healthy lifesyle...

Mars ruling aries is in Aquarius,in the 8th house of regeneration and shared values,sextiling your moon and uranus,planet of sudden change.....a strong position,emotional,and able to ground energy and regenerate...

All in all your chart has a lot of energy,a nice balance.and potential to develop..

Fortuna (part of fortune),is in scorpio in the 3rd house giving you a penetrating mind that likes to investigate and get to the core of things...
Fortune at - 27 scorpio...
Chandra symbol.
Three blue robin eggs.

Holding inside you a complete future vision. Preserving and guarding a limitless
awareness of what can be and of what shall be. You feel so pervasively the impact of
what you carry inside that each piece of it now becomes supercharged with meaning
and archetypal power, beyond how it might seem to anybody else. Being in the
preliminary stages of something so vast and staggering that even those stages feel
momentous beyond conception. Just about bowled over by future destiny. The
personal self of now is cast into shadow, seeming trivial, a throwaway. But so
transported by prenatal resolves to go all the way this time that any sacrifice or
difficulty is chalked up to necessary stages of rough process. And the inner mind
holds its lodestar in view, and simply cooks inside till it's time to boil over...
- Goethe
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

No ones posted again,have they Hummingbird?,...

i don,t think so,..no,...

Why not do you think,..it seemed like a nice little thread?,....

I don,t know,..maybe they,re all watching the latest conspiracy video,s,...or maybe they,ve gone to the pub?,...or disappeared into hyperspace,like David Ickes old forum,..

Oh well,...cup of tea,nd a chocolate muffin,then,..
- Goethe
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

Lol Hummingbird :) . I have been following the thread and is interesting but there is a lot to try and wrap my head around.

Do you recommend any good books on the subject?
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

Hummingbird,..quick,wake up,..someones posted on the astrology thread,...

Really,..are you sure?,..

Yes quick,..reel him in before he escapes!,...
Lol Hummingbird :) . I have been following the thread and is interesting but there is a lot to try and wrap my head around.

Do you recommend any good books on the subject?
Books,..ehem,...crickey,its been a long time since i read an astro bookie,..it can get very complicated,..

Sooo,..you could try,..

Astrology for lovers - by Liz Green
Don,t be put of by the dippy title,liz is a BRILLIANT professional astrologer and trained Psychologist,...
this is a brilliant intro to astrology and very enjoyable read,..

Sasha Fentons Rising Signs - Sasha Fentons Moon Signs
Sasha is a pro astrologer,and trained medium,.

(i read these when id studied intermediate and more advanced stuff for a while,..
,and needed to be a bit less of an airhead for a while ):-)

Full of hugely insightful,observations about how the Rising Sign (Ascendant),..and Moon sign,in our natal chart,really affect us,..

Astrology for Beginners: An Easy Guide to Understanding & Interpreting Your Chart
William W. Hewitt
Good overall intro to astrology,..
Never heard of him,but it looks good :-)
(free pdf:Pdf Drive search),..

Then,as a study you can go on forever,...medical astrology,..forecasting,..spiritual alignments,nd karma,..its a fascinating study,..though it wont show us ALL, of our vast natures,..only we can do that,..

Have fun,..

- - - - - -

Further to Astrology,lately,A while back,..i discovered the work of Richard Rudd,called "Gene Keys",..which is a way of mapping the DNA Hologram,we get at birth,..its very deep and incredibly powerful,and is having a huge impact on people who work with it,..

https://genekeys.com/

Free Holographic Profile,here,..
https://genekeys.com/free-profile/

Gene Keys by Richard Rudd:Free pdf
https://www.pdfdrive.com/
Search,..

ok Hummingbird,..better have some more tea and a muffin,or you,ll make everyone as confused as you are,..

Muffins?,..

Yes muffins,..

ok,..coming,...
- Goethe
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

Great info Hummingbird, I love using books to learn a new subject, thats how i roll :)

I did actually buy an astrology book last year (i forget the title) online and it never arrived so i got a refund and forgot about buying another. I came close but it didn't happen on that occasion so maybe the planets were not aligned at that time ;). I love learning new mystic/spiritual/metaphysical disciplines so i will try and find the time now the days of summer are cooling down.

I thought Tarot was complicated to begin with! So many different styles of reading and interpreting charts in astrology is overwhelming.

I am drawn to Mayan astrology for some reason.........do you have any interest in that form H?
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"