Computer Recommendations

Covering technology based topics including 5G, nanotechnology, transhumanism, AI, surveillance and cyber security.
Freedom Press

Computer Recommendations

Post by Freedom Press »

...does anyone know of any really good computers out there? My garbage macbook pro finally crapped out on itself after about 11 years xD
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen! 😁👋
If you'd like to share a website you've made or are on…Please feel free to self promote yourself in this group that I've set up.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL! ❤
t.me/FreedomPress1776
monsdk

Re: Computer Recommendations

Post by monsdk »

couldn't you pick up a discarded laptop from somewhere,one that still works and then install some Linux OS on it. Linux OS is very easy to install.
people ask your self " what does it it cost to live on earth" then putt seeds in your left hand you can live from, and money/gold/silver in your right hand.
Now go plant them both, and then see Which one will give you something you can eat.
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

Freedom Press wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:04 pm
...does anyone know of any really good computers out there? My garbage macbook pro finally crapped out on itself after about 11 years xD
I am a bit of a nerd and i build my own PC's so can't help you with tailor mades :geek: Hopefully someone else can chime in and recommend something for you. It sucks when your tech packs up but wow 11 years is a solid performance!
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
Freedom Press

Post by Freedom Press »

Liberalis wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:49 pm
Freedom Press wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:04 pm
I am a bit of a nerd and i build my own PC's so can't help you with tailor mades :geek: Hopefully someone else can chime in and recommend something for you. It sucks when your tech packs up but wow 11 years is a solid performance!
You're actually the type of person I was looking for too. I'm not much of a computer brainiac when it comes to these kinds of things...but regardless though..is it more expensive to build your own personal computer? It sounds like it would be a rather interesting time, huh? 🤔

The computer was dropped pretty hard a couple of times throughout all of the years I had it. The worst problem to come up was with the screen. It had some issues where suddenly half of it would look like a staticky television channel from time to time xD I took it apart yesterday...found a whole bunch of dust in it...there was no corrosion on anything I could see which I found kind of interesting...I was really expecting it...one could definitely say that it held up pretty good after all of the hell I put the thing through...I guess it maybe could of been that the hard drive was failing or something...I don't know...there were a lot of loading problems that it was having and at times the computer would just shut off completely out of no where...I wiped the hard drive completely more times than I can remember...all I know is that I have absolutely had it with apple and am now looking for a computer that can hopefully be much more versatile hahahahah
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen! 😁👋
If you'd like to share a website you've made or are on…Please feel free to self promote yourself in this group that I've set up.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL! ❤
t.me/FreedomPress1776
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

You get more bang for your buck when building your own PC. You can design it specifically for your needs aswell (office, gaming, multimedia etc). For the same sort of price of buying an entry level dell or something, you can build a more powerful pc with better components.

The biggest part of building a PC is the research and making sure that all the individual components are compatible with eachother. The motherboard has to be compatible with the ram and processor etc. Once you have researched what spec machine you want and that all the parts are compatible then it is easy to actually build and get up and running.

I love linux and have been using it for well over a decade with no problems. It is super easy to install and get running.
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
madcamqld

Post by madcamqld »

Liberalis wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:23 am I love linux and have been using it for well over a decade with no problems. It is super easy to install and get running.
I have also ditched WinDoze for Linux a while back and have supplied two laptops with Ubuntu preinstalled to a friend and also to an older relative.
The two people had problems with Win 10 coming out and one of them kept getting viruses and spyware etc.
All their computer problems went away and they now prefer Ubuntu because I could set it up to be so simple for them to use.

You can get lots of great video and audio editing software for free (or pay for commercial software too).
Some software companies also provide free licenses for Unix users.

If you don't like Ubuntu, Mint has a look and feel closer to a combination of Win and Mac but is virtually the same as Ubuntu under the hood.
I have used Ubuntu for so long now that I wouldn't consider using Mint myself, but I have tried it out on a virtual machine and had I used it before, I would have preferred Mint over Ubuntu.

So I recommend giving Linux a try. I think you will grow to like it.

Image Image Image
How is being "non-binary" going to help us merge with the internet of things?
Dianthus

Post by Dianthus »

Still on Xp and W7. W10 I stay far away from that crap-ware. Have also iPhones and I find Apple not bad but is much expanse then a Windows pc. I make them mu own and cost not a lot if you do it all yourself...
BananaMulcher

Post by BananaMulcher »

Protip: use old computers.

Intel CPUs since 2008 have silicon dedicated to a master on-die chip, the Intel Management Engine, which has full access to your CPU (the cores they let you control), all addressable memory, and a full networking stack. The IME can silently make changes to your system.

All AMD CPUs made since 2013 have something similar, the PSP. You can probably imagine the potential for control that this places in the hands of Intel, AMD, and by extension, Law enforcement. And by further extension, potentially the global powers.

If you don't feel that older hardware can be adequate, there are also modern ISAs being produced which are open and auditable, having no such control schemes. As always, do your own research.