My new car

This is the section for all general discussions.
monsdk

Re: My new car

Post by monsdk »

pierre wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:33 am maybe not piston, the bigger bore (made in China like everything) has a release valve, and it was stuck, so another lesson learned and another thing to check. and still seeking the Holy Grail of crank case sealants, the ONE that WORKS.
rolls royce make a good one sealant, but the seal can only be as good, as the one that assembles the parts correctly.
witch leads me to ask. putting the crank case together, did you just bolt it all together, ? no slowly tightening og bolts, so the part get even pull together ?.
people ask your self " what does it it cost to live on earth" then putt seeds in your left hand you can live from, and money/gold/silver in your right hand.
Now go plant them both, and then see Which one will give you something you can eat.
pierre

Post by pierre »

@Boa I was talking in Gunna, and Gunna years and years ago... not on the road yet.. putting it off, tuning slightly into the next lockdown etc phase, now 2 weeks off last shopping at 3 month mark. I am really getting used to this. chooks are getting over 2 years old oats. wonder if they like baked beans.
If only this guy had a chainsaw instead of an aluminum motor in his car... this was in the early days of my following Jim Stone.
"oh great , a kike is first on the scene" motor was found intact around 70 metres down the road, off the pavement , level with the grass, with no dents in anything anywhere. nothing to see here.
pierre

Post by pierre »

monsdk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:03 pm
pierre wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:33 am maybe not piston, the bigger bore (made in China like everything) has a release valve, and it was stuck, so another lesson learned and another thing to check. and still seeking the Holy Grail of crank case sealants, the ONE that WORKS.
rolls royce make a good one sealant, but the seal can only be as good, as the one that assembles the parts correctly.
witch leads me to ask. putting the crank case together, did you just bolt it all together, ? no slowly tightening og bolts, so the part get even pull together ?.
the sort of things I am learning, like reading the instructions, this time I put some modified bolts together to just squeeze it out, no more, let it set then took bolts out and put into place. still, this Permatex Copper Red stuff does not at all inspire confidence as it is all apart when the crankcase is taken off. why did they not just make gaskets for the darn things?
ordered some locktite 518 and some Dirko HT.
I've tried 3 or 4 different types so far. all are these soft ones that do not set hard, which does not inspire confidence. also maybe they go off in the tube if kept for too long. everything else does in this subtropical climate.

the only rolls royce coming up on ebay is for a head gasket bog, I did that for 7 years with my car until recently when the HG was done properly.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Either a black van with a red stripe from the A-Team, or...

The Delorean from Back to the Future.
"If you throw yourself to the wind...

You can ride it." ~Max Igan
Ziggy_Sawdust

Post by Ziggy_Sawdust »

Felix wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:41 am Either a black van with a red stripe from the A-Team, or...

You'd be better off with this.

The truth is found when men are free to pursue it.
Born_Free

Post by Born_Free »

Felix wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:41 am Either a black van with a red stripe from the A-Team, or...

Great choices. I always preferred the Toyota Hilux that Marty discovered in the garage of his new timeline, I still have not bought one yet but would still love a Hilux.
Felix

Post by Felix »

Born_Free wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:10 am

Great choices. I always preferred the Toyota Hilux that Marty discovered in the garage of his new timeline, I still have not bought one yet but would still love a Hilux.
That one always looked really nice!

Felix

Post by Felix »

Ziggy_Sawdust wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:34 pm

You'd be better off with this.

LOL Ziggy! You're probably right.

BananaMulcher

Post by BananaMulcher »

I have family who owned a muscle car in the 70s, but they say it was garbage and falling apart then. I can only imagine the value that thing would have had today if only they held onto it :inlove:.
chevy.jpeg
chevy.jpeg (350.59 KiB) Viewed 257 times
"It will make things difficult, if it becomes known among the peoples of the Weave that they have among them a new ally who happens to be immune to our particular kind of gentle persuasion."
pierre

Post by pierre »

dunno, 50 years of holding onto a car, which might be worth (I don't know) US$35k now. my 30 year old car , I drive it so little (been out the farm gate twice this year) I need to run it every few weeks just like a collectable.