vigiaccess

This section covers all topics relating to Covid, Lockdown and the new normal.
BananaMulcher

Re: vigiaccess

Post by BananaMulcher »

SeeD_Command wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:30 pm I use a tricked out antiquated windows 7 desktop, lol. Works fine for me.
Are there any tools you run which have been reliable at cutting through the bullshit? Extensions, programs? I am always looking to compare notes with others and improve my setup.
SeeD_Command

Post by SeeD_Command »

Depends on what you mean by bullshit, but this basic setup let's me see pretty much anything on the web. But i have different towers for different 'jobs'. The one i'm using right now is my gaming computer and was custom built for that, by a friend. I don't use any VPN or anything on this computer, I just use it for basic internet (like this forum) and online gaming. Vigiaccess only works with chrome for me on this computer. My other computers are strictly for crypto and graphic-design/ movie editing type stuff.
BananaMulcher

Post by BananaMulcher »

SeeD_Command wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:05 pm Depends on what you mean by bullshit, but this basic setup let's me see pretty much anything on the web. But i have different towers for different 'jobs'. The one i'm using right now is my gaming computer and was custom built for that, by a friend. I don't use any VPN or anything on this computer, I just use it for basic internet (like this forum) and online gaming. Vigiaccess only works with chrome for me on this computer. My other computers are strictly for crypto and graphic-design/ movie editing type stuff.
Bullshit = censorship, surveillance, advertising/propaganda, just to name a few. Isolating towers by role is certainly one strategy but I mean tools, such as youtube-dl being a swiss army knife of web video acquisition and archival, if anybody has any to share.

I am at this point considering starting a thread to maintain a tech guide. Maybe something to the affect of "A Crowhouser's Guide to Digital Defence and Navigating Information Warfare".
SeeD_Command

Post by SeeD_Command »

Sounds like a good idea to me. I am certainly not a techy, just learned what I know from trial and error and study. I know some of the posts about this subject on here are far beyond me.