No Jab For Me ! Read the Links

This section covers all topics relating to Covid, Lockdown and the new normal.
lighthouse

Re: No Jab For Me ! Read the Links

Post by lighthouse »

Here is an analogy:

The audience are in the theatre sitting in the area David Copperfield wants them to sit. The sweet spot, and people actually think he is flying through hoops, with wonderful epic music, soft seats and popcorn.

But I am down the front of the theatre, against the rules, under the stage in the dust and cob webs, looking up at an angle they cant see, I can see mirrors and wires, whilst everyone else is a gasped in their seats looking at the illusion. And when I say "come over here...come and look, he's not flying",...because the audience are all so comfy and happy in the illusion with the music, sweeping them off their feet, they wont move from their seats to see my angle, as it is so dusty and uncomfortable under the stage, and goes against the theatres rules!

Afterwards outside the theatre I try to explain, but I am fobbed off and told not to ruin their evening of magic, even though they know deep down he was not flying.

: /
Liberalis
Site Admin

Re: No Jab For Me ! Read the Links

Post by Liberalis »

lighthouse wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:21 pm Here is an analogy:

The audience are in the theatre sitting in the area David Copperfield wants them to sit. The sweet spot, and people actually think he is flying through hoops, with wonderful epic music, soft seats and popcorn.

But I am down the front of the theatre, against the rules, under the stage in the dust and cob webs, looking up at an angle they cant see, I can see mirrors and wires, whilst everyone else is a gasped in their seats looking at the illusion. And when I say "come over here...come and look, he's not flying",...because the audience are all so comfy and happy in the illusion with the music, sweeping them off their feet, they wont move from their seats to see my angle, as it is so dusty and uncomfortable under the stage, and goes against the theatres rules!

Afterwards outside the theatre I try to explain, but I am fobbed off and told not to ruin their evening of magic, even though they know deep down he was not flying.

: /
Very good analogy :thumbsup:
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"