Take me to truth - Undoing the ego

Discussing and sharing all things related to music, books, art, animation and other creative forms.
Liberalis
Site Admin

Take me to truth - Undoing the ego

Post by Liberalis »

I have a lot of books that i could kick things off with but i will start with a book that has probably changed my way of understanding the world more than any other.

This book is called "Take me to truth - Undoing the ego" by Nouk Sanchez & Tomas Vieira.

take me to truth.jpg
take me to truth.jpg (18.97 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

This book describes what the ego is and how detrimental it is to our happiness and peace. Like so many other things, the official understanding of what the ego is, is far from what it actually is.

The ego is our worst enemy and is generally not a good thing. On a basic level it can help us to survive situations and is tied in with out fight or flight response. It is all about self-preservation on a fundamental level which is ok but it is so much more than this and all the other attributes are negative. It is what makes us become offended, attack, judge others without any need. It is the root of greed, jealousy, envy and almost every other negative personality trait. We are our egos and most of the problems in the world are down to ego.

The book is easy to read and is spiritual but is intentionally generic so the term used for god etc is "the source" which i prefer as i am spiritual but not religious. The book is based on another book called "A course in miracles" and that is religious, so much so that i couldn't engage with it but this book delivers the subject in a more approachable way.

I have read the book several times and each time it reminds me of how our minds work, why we do the things we do and more importantly it gives me the opportunity to step back and become the rational observer rather than the irrational actor of my actions.

I recommend this book to anyone on a spiritual journey and is seeking self-improvement. It really is an eye opener and has the ability to permanently shift the way you perceive the world for the better.
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
jonesthepost

Re: Take me to truth - Undoing the ego

Post by jonesthepost »

Thanks Liberalis, just came upon this; I think my biggest ‘battle’ is with the ego.

I will get this book.
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

I really recommend it. You cannot start to control the ego until you understand all its tricks and how it manipulates us and, for me, this book done that.

Hope it helps you like it helps me 8-)
jonesthepost

Post by jonesthepost »

Thanks very much; just ordered it 🙂
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

Not a bad sort of workbook for processing levels of self,..

If you go to the site below,and enter into the search box,you,ll find a free pdf download,..

https://www.pdfdrive.com/
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
- Goethe
bean

Post by bean »

I haven`t read it, but now I know where I can download it as it is very difficult to find such books where I live, thanks for recommending, L 8-)
And Hummingbird, thanks for the link, now I know where to find all this amazing books ;)
jonesthepost

Post by jonesthepost »

bean wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:16 am I haven`t read it, but now I know where I can download it as it is very difficult to find such books where I live, thanks for recommending, L 8-)
And Hummingbird, thanks for the link, now I know where to find all this amazing books ;)
I’m old fashioned, I love holding the book I’m reading 🙂

I get my books from the Book Depository; free worldwide shipping too.
I haven’t ever looked where they’re based - I’m in NZ - doesn’t matter anyway, I get the books in a decent amount of time.
Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird »

I haven`t read it, but now I know where I can download it as it is very difficult to find such books where I live, thanks for recommending, L 8-)
Your very welcome,..actually that sites worth a good search ,its got millions of books and articles,some of them quite hard to find,..

I haven’t ever looked where they’re based - I’m in NZ - doesn’t matter anyway, I get the books in a decent amount of time.
typical New Zealander,..just gotta be different :)
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
- Goethe
jonesthepost

Post by jonesthepost »

Hummingbird wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:10 am
Your very welcome,..actually that sites worth a good search ,its got millions of books and articles,some of them quite hard to find,..

typical New Zealander,..just gotta be different :)
Cheeky bugger 😜
Liberalis
Site Admin

Post by Liberalis »

jonesthepost wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:57 am I’m old fashioned, I love holding the book I’m reading 🙂
I am the same jones, i have lots of ebook's but i don't read them. There is something special about a proper book. You can't beat a good ole sniff of a book when it has just been opened......mmmm ;)

Book Depository is based in England. It was better before Amazon bought them out.