The politics of obedience

Reviewing, sharing and discussing our favourite books and other literature that resonates with us.
Liberalis
Site Admin

The politics of obedience

Post by Liberalis »

This is a great little read and was written long ago but the words resonate just as much today as they did when it was written (1552-53).

This is a free pdf so click on the link below to download and read it if you are interested.

https://cdn.mises.org/Politics%20of%20Obedience.pdf
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"
Liberalis
Site Admin

Re: The politics of obedience

Post by Liberalis »

I have finished reading my paperback copy of this book a few days ago and it was a great read. It is a short book but thought provoking!

We see the masses today believing every lie, every nonsense they are told by their governments and media and think "how can they be so gullible, so naive, so stupid. Is it something they are putting in the water, in the vaccines, in our food? This book reminds us that this situation we find ourselves in is nothing new, it seems to be a part of the human psyche to be content with tyranny and in any age.

The fight us few have on our hands is a similar story that plays out often throughout our history. It is on a global scale now so this makes it a bigger battle but the resolve and courage that we must summon from within is identical to every other person in our shoes that has gone before. As long as there exists, a minority who will stand up against tyranny, we will always have a chance at stopping it.

I recommend this little book to all. It is a quick read and is very relevant today.
"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice"